prof. Piotr Płoszajski, SGH
Izabela Dacewicz Marketing Director NYX,
Ewa Angrocka Product Manager NYX
Marcin Kępa Talent Attraction & Acquisition Specialist
Course description and program:
The course introduces students to the business reality of a multifunctional company using L’Oréal as best-in-class example. Students are assigned to a multifunctional team and work on a plan to develop a sales and marketing strategy for one of the Group’s brands. Managers from marketing, trade marketing, category management and sales departments introduce students to their everyday business challenges and share expertise and tools necessary to successfully manage a brand. Students work in groups reflecting multi-functional team set-up to recommend new strategy sales and marketing for the brand. The outcome of the course will be presentation of each group’s relaunch recommendation to the executive board.
Introduce students to the strategic and operational reality of a multinational company based on L’Oréal example.
- Make students familiar with key roles and tools used by different departments of the company
- Give them the opportunity to apply the acquired skills in the real business case
- Train soft skills like presentation skills, teamwork, analytical skills
Selection criteria: The course is dedicated to I and II year Master Studies students (including foreign students on exchange programs), working knowledge of English
Final grade criteria:
- Groups’ presentation and individual participation and contribution to the team’s outcome
- Session 1: March 2nd
- Session 2: March 16th
- Session 3: March 30th
- Session 4: April 27th
- Session 5: May 11th
- Session 6: May 25th Final Presentation
- Professor P. Płoszajski: supervision of the course and presiding the “Steering Committee”
- 1 HR manager for recruiting students, over-viewing and coordinating the course on L’Oreal side
- Managers from Marketing, Market Research, Trade marketing, Category Management departments for leading respective course parts and case studies
Timing: Course starts in 2017 spring semester (Feb. 2017).
Take the opportunity to become a sales and marketing manager in a unique course led by the best professionals …
…participate in the spring 2017 course with L’Oréal Polska and join our Talent Development Program!
Get a taste of what it is all about
Our main aim is to give you a chance to turn theory into practice;
You will work in a team and:
- Discover the real life business case of one of L’Oréal brands,
- Plunge into a fascinating world of managing business complexity at its best,
- Get profound insights into a B-2-B and B-2-C mixed business model,
- Build strategy and action plan to support the brand,
- Present in front of a L’Oréal Jury.
All the presentations will be held in English.
Who can participate?
I and II year Master Studies students who are passionate about marketing and business development. The course is held for 30 students selected through the enrolment process.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Develop your business knowledge;
- Get the real life experience of being a manager at L’Oréal;
- Learn more about market research, brand management, business development;
- Get to know more about L’Oréal local and global commercial strategy, meet management professionals from L’Oréal Polska as well as external guests
- Sell your ideas to top L’Oréal executives;
- Begin your career with L’Oréal – the best students will have the chance to participate in our Talent Development Program.
- Gain 4.0 ECTS points.
30 students will be enrolled to the course – based on the quality of their applications.
Applications must consist of 2 elements:
- Half-page motivation letter showing your interest in joining the course would be an asset
All applications must be in English.
Applications have to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb 5th 2017
Applications received after the deadline will not be eligible for participation.
The final list of participants will be announced on the Feb 7th 2017
The course begins on the 2.03.2017 and consists of 6 sessions each lasting 5h.
It takes place Thursdays, from 10.00 to 15.00:
- Session 1: 2.03.2017
- Session 2: 16.03.2017
- Session 3: 30.03.2017
- Session 4: 27.04.2017
- Session 5: 11.05.2017
- Final Session: 25.05.2017