Strategy Development in Practice
In cooperation with McKinsey & Company the subject is conducted by the professor Piotr Płoszajski, the Chair of the Management Theory.
Objective of the course:
Familiarize participants with management consulting by giving them first-hand experience of solving a typical strategy engagement case with support of McKinsey consultants.
Format of the course:
Students will be assigned to teams for the duration of the course (6-7 persons per team). Participants will be asked to prepare a successful strategy for a company chosen by the McKinsey consultants. The objective is to familiarize oneself with all stages of a typical project, from the initial diagnosis through data analysis to formulation and presentation of final recommendations.
The course includes:
1. 12 hours of presentations, lectures and meetings with McKinsey consultants, experts and industry managers introducing industry specifics, concepts and methods of management consulting and presenting tasks for students;
2. 18 hours of team meetings with McKinsey consultants acting as coaches to support students in the development of their skills and completing the tasks.
· The course will be held during the summer semester and organized by McKinsey & Company in cooperation with the Chair of the Management Theory at the Warsaw School of Economics.
· The course is limited to 1st and 2nd year students of master degree studies at the Warsaw School of Economics and is capped at 30 participants selected through a recruiting process.
· Course is recognized by the Warsaw School of Economics and CEMS as any other regular course. Students will receive a grade which is included in the average grade, as well as 5.5 ECTS for completing it.
· The course is part of the CEMS Program.
· English will be the working language.
· The course requires time commitment: all workshops and teamwork between sessions are mandatory.
· The sessions will be held on February 24th, March 10th , April 7th, May 12th
All applications should be submitted by January 30th 2017 by the following link and contain:
1. CV in English
2. Half-page motivation letter showing your interest in joining the course would be an asset
3. Transcript of grades to date
McKinsey & Company is a leading international management consulting firm. We advise the world’s largest corporations and industry leaders in the countries we work. Every day, we assist board members of key companies and support their decisions and activities in vital areas. McKinsey has the unique privilege of often being in the focus of strategic decisions for companies, industries or the economy. We are proud of the fact that our projects make international headlines.
McKinsey advises its clients in the areas of strategy, operations and organization. We take part in designing solutions, and often in the implementation of our recommendations. Analyses, research and reports are an important starting point, rather than the primary objective for us. Our main aspiration is to work with clients, have real impact on their operations and see measurable rather than just theoretical results. We measure our success against our client’s success and tangible impact of our work. While working in close cooperation with the clients, we have access to confidential information. We are proud of the trust clients put in us – and we protect with rigorous principles guiding our daily work.
We set up our Polish office in 1993. To respond to the needs of this dynamic and interesting market, year by year, we expand our office and the base of local consultants.